- Services Portfolio
- Company Profile
- Why Choose Us
- Contact Us
Burke Shipping provides a highly professional & experienced chartering team and has been chartering vessels for the past 40 years. In this period we have built up a very close & personal network with owners over Europe.
In fact, up to it closure in 2001, we acted as sole brokers for Irish ISPAT. Since then we have been involved in the chartering of over 1 million tonnes of contaminated soil ex Ireland & also project cargo to and from Ireland.
Whether getting a 110 tonne super max gantry crane to South Africa or a sixty tonne shipment to the UK, The Burke Shipping Group have vast experience in providing solutions for complex logistics projects.
- Liebherr Group; we currently handle this company’s Airfreight and 16-20 full shipments of up to 120,000cbm3 annually ex: Fenit port in Kerry.
- We have exported approximately 1 million tones of soil from Ireland to Europe in the last 5 years for Rilta Ltd.
- We manage Bord Na Mona’s export shipments of bulk peat.
Cargoes we handle:
- Contaminated Soil cargoes from Ireland to Europe.
- Crane parts from Ireland Worldwide.
- Steel Cargoes from Ireland.
- Scrap Steel cargoes from Ireland.
- Project cargoes to/from Ireland.
- Forestry products into Ireland.
- Waste cargoes and hazardous goods from Ireland to the continent.
Some recent Chartering work carried out by Burke Shipping
For The Irish Army:
Mission to Chad 2007 – charter of vessel ex Ireland to Doula.
Mission to Sweden 2009 – charter of vessel to and from Ireland
Mission home from Kosovo 2010 – charter of vessel from Thessaloniki to Ireland.
Four separate charter shipments in 2010 to Oman and Gdansk with high and heavy machinery.